Supreme Court of India pronounces its historical verdict in Ayodhya case Today on Saturday giving full right of disputed land to Hindus, Muslims to get 5 acre of land at alternate site. The five-judge bench led by Chief Justice Gogoi unanimously read out the verdict and ruled in favor of Hindus. SC said that the temple will be at the disputed site and Muslims will be given 5 acre of land at alternate place. SC verdicts were welcomed by various religious and political leaders.
A constitution Bench case comprised of Chief Justice Gogoi, Justices S.A. Bobde, D.Y. Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and S. Abdul Nazee; pronounced the unanimous verdict today at 10:30 am. This verdict is in favor of Hindus and paves the way for the construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
The Ayodhya case is historical case as it was pending for last 70 years in Independent India while it was pending for 80 years during the British Rule. Whole country and world was waiting for this much awaited verdict today in the historical Ayodhya case.
The Supreme Court heard this long-pending case at fast track and completed hearing in 40 days at a stretch. The apex court pronounced the historic verdict today to end the long pending case.
The SC said that the demolition of 16th century Babri Masjid mosque was violation of law.
The SC said that the faith of Hindus about the birthplace is Lord Ram cannot be disputed. The constitution Bench sees Sita Rasoi, Ram Chabutra and Bhandar grih as testimony of the place.
At the outset, the Bench observed, “This Court set up under the Constitutional scheme should defer from interfering with the faith and belief of worshippers. Secularism is basic feature of the Constitution.”
Key points to the Judgement:
- SC gives entire 2.77 acre disputed land to Hindus for the construction of Ram Temple
- According to the SC judgement Hindus were able to give better evidence to support their claim.
- SC Said that the Hindus payer place under the central domo of mosque as the birthplace of Lord Ram and this faith can’t be disputed.
- SC asked Central government to make trust for the construction of temple and allow Nirmohi Akhara to become one of the member of trust.
- SC directed to give 5 acres of alternate land to Sunni Wakf Board for the construction of Masjid.
With this judgement centuries old Ayodhya dispute case ends here. People from India and world are welcoming this historical judgement of SC.